European citizens who intend to stay in Bulgaria longer than three months must possess a residence certificate.
Residence certificates are limited in expiry period – from 6 months till 5 years. The period of the residence certificate is defined by the Bulgarian authorities.
European citizens could apply for renewal of the residence certificate 2 weeks before the date of its expiration and if the conditions for its issuance still exist at the time of the renewal. The applicant can candidate for another period of 6 months to 5 years.
Conditions for long-term residence in Bulgaria:
• The European citizen is employed or self-employed in the Republic of Bulgaria (The European citizen is owner of Company which is registered in Bulgaria);
• The European citizen has medical insurance and sufficient financial resources to cover the expenses for his/her residence and that of the family members without being a burden to the Bulgarian social security system;
• The European citizen has enrolled in a school/college/university in Bulgaria for study, including professional training, and has medical insurance and sufficient financial resources to cover his/her expenses and that of the family members without being a burden to the Bulgarian social security system.
Competent authority: Migration Directorate at the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Procedure: The European citizens should submit an application to the Migration Directorate at the Ministry of Internal Affairs within 2 weeks before the date of the expiration of the residence certificate.
An application should be attended with other necessary documents, which are specific according to the conditions for long-term residence in Bulgaria.
In case some of the necessary documents are missing or not valid, the European citizen shall be granted a seven-day term to correct them. If the applicant fails to correct the omissions within this term the competent authority shall deny the issuance of a long-term residence certificate.
After an application and all necessary documents are committed, on the other day the European citizen have to go one more time to the Migration Directorate to make a photo for his/her certificate and sign a power of attorney on place if he/she wants someone else to take on his/her behalf the certificate.
The services you can receive from Lead Consult:
We support the European citizen to the Migration Directorate at the Ministry of Internal Affairs as:
• Prepare all of the necessary documents for a specific conditions for long-term residence in Bulgaria;
• Prepare/fill and submit an application for renewal of long-term residence certificate in Migration Directorate at the Ministry of Internal Affairs
• Take the certificate of long-term residence in Republic of Bulgaria if necessary
The Lead Consult team offers you professional services and consultation. Please contact us at:
☎ phone + 3598 888 33 600
✉ email: firstname.lastname@example.org