The registration plates of vehicle, owned by a foreigner (natural or juridical person), and imported in Bulgaria within a limited period of time are registered as blue plates with white characters. This temporary license plate of a car starts with “XX”, followed by four digit numbers and two small digits denoting the expiry year of the plate.
Registration of vehicles is a mandatory procedure, which authorizes the vehicle to be used in road traffic. The procedure of vehicle registration in Bulgaria contains of several steps, including various documents, presented to several institutions.
Documents needed for the initial registration of a vehicle owned by a foreigner, who has spent at least/ more than 3 months in the Republic of Bulgaria, are the following ones:
1. Application for registration – 1 copy
2. Title document (Proof of ownership) – 2 copies
3. A receipt of vehicle tax paid/ A document confirming the payment of tax duty on the territory of Bulgaria
4. Liability insurance coverage of the vehicle
5. ID card of the owner/ foreigner
6. Certificate of positive result of technical inspection of the vehicle
“Lead Consult” Ltd can help You going through this complex procedure, in order to register Your vehicle in Bulgaria. We are a Bulgarian based company, working with highly qualified specialists with experience in various areas of law and accounting, providing competent services to our foreign clients. You should just present us the set of documents outlined above and afterwards everything is handled by us.
We can also offer our assistance in: